What is Cutera Excel HR?
The Cutera Excel HR is an advanced laser platform that utilizes a high-power 755 nm Alexandrite laser and long-pulse 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser for the treatment of a wide array of skin concerns such as unwanted hair, angiomas, port wine stains, facial veins, leg veins, venous lakes, age spots, sun-damaged skin, warts, and other visible signs of skin aging.
Cutera, the pioneers of laser hair removal, have developed excel HRTM, a composite device that combines the advantages of both Nd: YAG and Alexandrite lasers.
How does Cutera Excel HR Work?
During the procedure, Cutera Excel HR’s high-performance dual-wavelength laser system emits precisely controlled laser energy to target areas of skin imperfections. The laser then generates heat energy that is absorbed by the melanin (responsible for skin color). This, in turn, creates highly controlled damage or “micro-injuries” in the area that stimulates the body to produce more collagen and elastin. The old damaged skin cells in the treated area are then replaced with new healthy cells, resulting in rejuvenated, smoother, and radiant skin.
For hair removal treatment, Cutera Excel HR from Metropolis Laser Centre can be customized to target different structures of the hair follicle. The laser-induced heat then damages the hair follicle, thus, preventing future hair regrowth. In some cases, patients may require additional treatments to achieve permanent hair removal because not all hairs are in the same growth and development phase. Cutera Excel HR works best on unwanted hair that is in the anagen or growth phase.
Using the wavelengths delivered by both Nd: YAG and Alexandrite, excel HRTM becomes uniquely effective for all skin types. It features a high-performance dual-wavelength laser system – CUTERA’s proprietary truPulseTM – Nd: YAG technology.
As laser hair removal works through the generation of heat energy, it is important to protect skin from the effects of this heat which could cause pain if not managed smartly. Most laser systems attempt to compensate the pulse of heat with a perfectly timed shot of cooling excel HRTM takes the concept further. It uses a special technique known as sapphire contact cooling which delivers continuous cooling before, during and after each laser pulse.
The excel HRTM experience is reported by users as more comfortable and pain-free than other lasers. This is because the sapphire cooling system pre-cools the skin in the instant before the laser impulse, compensates laser-induced heat with a cooling impulse in the same instant, and also follows that up with yet another cooling shot.
Watch this video.
What makes Cutera Excel HR Stand Out?
Unlike traditional laser skin rejuvenation procedures, Cutera Excel HR has the following advantages:
- Sapphire Contact Cooling: This technology allows Cutera Excel HR to deliver bursts of cool air before, during and after each laser pulse, thereby increasing patient comfort while preventing burn injuries.
- No Downtime: Because the treatment is pain-free and feels like a deep tissue massage, no downtime is required and patients can immediately resume daily activities.
- Independent Touchscreen Console: Allows practitioners to easily select from Nd: YAG or Alexandrite laser beam.
- More Treatment Options: Both practitioners and patients can choose from a multitude of treatment options because Cutera Excel HR is not only designed for permanent hair removal but for vascular and pigmented lesions as well.
- truPulse Technology: This innovative technology improves clinical outcomes by delivering constant, sustained laser energy throughout the pulse duration.
- Adjustable Spot Size: It allows real-time calibration and easy customization of patient treatments.
What are the Pre- and Post-Treatment Instructions Required?
In order to maximize the effectiveness of Cutera Excel HR treatment, it’s recommended to avoid tanning and direct sun exposure 2 weeks prior to the treatment. After the procedure, patients are not allowed to bleach, wax, or thread hair. In addition, prolonged sun exposure is also prohibited. Doctors recommend the use of sunscreen in order to maintain the results of the procedure.
- Avoid tanning/sunbathing/direct sun exposure for a minimum of 2 weeks before the treatment.
- If recommended by the dermatologist or technician, apply anesthetic cream over the areas to be treated, at least one hour before your visit to the clinic. This ensures optimal numbing.
- We advise you to shave off the hair in the areas to be treated, before your visit to the clinic. Not only will it save you time, but it will also make your session a lot more comfortable.
- A few points to note:
*Shave around 2-3 hours before the session
*Wet shaving should only be done using shaving foam or a skin cleanser and a razor
*Do not use electric shaving machines/epilators/ depilators/shaving creams
*Be careful to not cut your skin
*Leave a small patch of skin unshaven. This will enable the dermatologist to identify the hair type/status.
- Avoid other hair removal methods aside from shaving and epilation creams in between sessions.
- Do not bleach, wax, thread or pluck hair throughout the course of the treatment.
- Do not apply henna to treated areas 7-10 days prior to and after the treatment.
- Avoid sunbathing/direct sun exposure for a minimum of 2 weeks after the treatment.
- Apply sunscreen on a regular basis 20 minutes before stepping out and repeat 2 to 3 times in the course of the day.
How many Treatments are Required?
Most patients report noticeable results after 3 to 6 treatments. However, the number of treatments required to achieve optimal results depends on several factors such as the patient’s condition, the area to be treated, phase of the hair cycle, and desired aesthetic goals. Your doctor will determine the number of treatments during the consultation period based on these factors.
Before and After
What to Expect
All types of hair, coarse or fine, can be removed. Underarms, legs, bikini area and men’s chest and back can be treated efficiently since this laser can cover more areas in each treatment session due to its consistent and sustained energy, delivered in every pulse.
Delivering the Alexandrite benefit, it keeps your skin smoother for longer, delaying hair regrowth by the longest period ever known. It does so by penetrating deeper into skin tissue and directing a controlled amount of therapeutic heat at the hair.
Multiple sessions are required to achieve and possess a smooth, hair-free look, once and for all. Typically, 4-5 treatments are recommended, spaced 6-8 weeks, since it could take the hair 6-12 weeks to grow from root to surface. Treated hair falls out over 15 to 21 days.
You may wonder why treatment as effective as this, still calls for multiple sessions. The reason is simple. Hair growth occurs in three phases – the active growth or anagen phase, during which the hair contains an abundance of melanin; the regression or catagen phase when the hair has not been shed but has stopped growing and the follicle has been reabsorbed; and the resting or telogen when the shaft of hair gets detached in preparation from the fresh hair.
Laser hair removal is effective only when the hair is in the early anagen phase since the hair contains an abundance of melanin at that point, and melanin is what provides the dark pigmentation needed to make the laser work. making it necessary to have multiple treatment sessions.
Treatment should commence when the hair in the treated area starts to grow back. If the treatment is delayed the hair shaft could enter the next stage of growth, detach from the hair follicle and increase the number of treatments required.
This System Includes the following:
- 2017 Cutera Excel HR
- Date of Manufacture: 19/12/2017
- 755nm Handpiece
- 1064nm Handpiece
- Foot Pedal
- Power Cord
- Power Cable
- Laser Genesis, leg and facial veins, and pigmented lesions
- Owner’s manual
- 30 Day Warranty on Parts & Service
- The Industry’s Best Packing & Shipping