What is Discovery Pico Laser?
Discovery PICO Laser is a highly efficacious laser technology for the treatment of pigmentation, skin rejuvenation, and tattoo removal. It addresses skin problems such as melasma, sun spots, age spots, freckles, birthmark, and unwanted tattoo.
Discovery PICO uses the most advanced laser technology for the treatment of large pores, decoloration of skin, pigmented lesions, aged skin, and tattoos. The energy from the laser will penetrate through the outer layer of skin, directly targeting to destroy the tattoo ink without affecting the surrounding tissues.
It has an Nd: YAG double-wavelength laser source emitting at both 1064 nm and 532 nm, provided by the exclusive Quanta Pico-Boost Technology (patent pending). This feature makes possible to work in a Picosecond mode delivering up to 800 MJ of energy and up to 1.8 GW of power and in Q-Switch and Photo-Thermal modes, thus making Discovery PICO the most powerful and flexible laser in its class.
The innovation introduced by Discovery PICO consists of peak power level through ultrashort pulses that is twice more powerful than any other Picosecond laser for medical applications. This has enhanced the treatment results increasing the efficacy on hard-to-treat tattoo inks with a general reduction in the average delivered energy does compare to traditional Q-Switched lasers.
This Treatment Is Ideal For Those Looking For:
- Pigmentation reduction
- Brighter and tighter skin due to collagen stimulation
- Reduction in fine lines
- Faster and more effective removal of tattoos
- Multi-Colored Tattoo Removal
How Does It Work?
When the laser light is being absorbed by the pigmented lesions, the light will vibrate, fragments the particles into really thin “dust” and breaks up melanin and pigment particles in “picosecond” pulses.
The Pico Laser pulses generate a pure photoacoustic effect which targets the pigments without affecting the surrounding tissues. These fragmented pigments are then removed by the skin’s immune system.
Before and After
Most of the aesthetic clinics are using the traditional Q-Switched lasers that break down the pigmented particles in granules. With the Discovery PICO series which works in Picosecond pulses, is able to fragment the tattoo ink into thin “dust”, which is easier to be eliminated by the body immune system. This results in the lightening of the tattoo.
Most patients describe the laser feeling like tiny warm pricks on the skin. DISCOVERY PICO Series is the first “second generation” picosecond Nd: YAG laser for tattoo removal, pigmented lesions, acne scars, and wrinkles.
This laser series includes up to three wavelengths, 532 nm – 1064 nm – 694 nm, high peak power and up to four emission modes to combine maximum operating performances with the widest range of treatments.
Why choose Discovery Pico Laser?
There are 3 main picosecond Lasers available in Singapore. The Discovery Pico, PicoSure, and PicoWay. Some clinics may offer other lasers as a “Pico Laser” – an example being the Fotona Starwalker. While they may work to varying extents, they are not true picosecond lasers and are unable to generate the speed as a genuine pico laser, thus these lasers may give different results as compared to a genuine picosecond laser.
The Discovery Pico, being a second-generation pico laser, generates the highest peak power is the most powerful dual wavelength pico laser in the world. This ensures that results are faster and more effective with lesser sessions.
Depending on what is being treated and the patient’s skin type, most patients will require between two and five Quanta Discovery Pico treatments spaced at 4-6 week intervals. Every patient that might benefit from skin rejuvenation has a unique set of needs.
However, with the Quanta Discovery Pico, nearly every skin rejuvenation patient can be improved. Quanta Discovery Pico will improve the sunspots and abnormal brown pigment that result from Melasma and excessive sun exposure, improve fine lines and wrinkles, and treat acne and other types of scars. And unique to the Quanta Discovery Pico, these results are achieved with very little redness, downtime, or pain.
Discovery Pico LASER PRE AND POST TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- NO sun exposure, tanning beds or sunless tanner for AT LEAST 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO TREATMENT
- MUST use a broad spectrum UVA?UVB sunscreen of 30 or higher daily AT LEAST 1 WEEKS PRIOR TO TREATMENT
- MUST be off Clarisonic brush, Retinoids, Retinol, AHA’s, BHA’s, exfoliants or Hydroquinone for AT LEAST 48 HOURS PRIOR TO TREATMENT
- MUST be off antibiotics and steroids AT 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO TREATMENT
Day of Treatment:
- DO NOT plan any physical activity for that day or the next two days
- DO NOT plan a social event for the day of, you will probably be red and may have some swelling
- NO sun exposure, swimming, sauna’s, hot tubs for AT LEAST 48 HOURS
- NO makeup for 24 hours, unless using Jane Iredale minerals
- DO NOT use Clarisonic brush, Retinoids, Retinol, AHA’s, BHA’s, exfoliants or Hydroquinone for AT LEAST 48 HOURS AFTER TREATMENT
- May experience: redness, swelling, tenderness for up to 48 HOURS after treatment
- Follow technician recommendation on post-treatment products for optimal results