WHAT IS MEDLITE C6?
The MedLite C6 laser is a non-invasive, FDA-approved procedure for skin rejuvenation that uses a Q-switched Nd: YAG laser. This laser utilizes multiple wavelengths and a Q-switched nanosecond technology, to effectively treat a wide range of aesthetic concerns. MedLite C6 pioneered the use of PhotoAcoustic technology, the hallmark of which is high peak power and short pulse duration. By using high-speed energy waves that penetrate the skin in nanoseconds, the MedLite C6 laser reduces the amount of heat in each procedure as compared to the more commonly used PhotoThermal laser treatments. MedLite C6 is also used for treatments to eliminate unwanted hair and provide a targeted laser toning treatment for skin rejuvenation.
Acclaro uses the MedLite C6, which is the industry’s gold standard for tattoo removal. It is a safe, non-invasive tool to improve the skin’s appearance and can be used for the following treatments and indications:
- Laser Toning (whole face rejuvenation) 20 mins – The Q-Switch ND-YAG 1064nm wavelength technology, which operates like a high-speed shutter, stores energy between pulses. The short pulses of micro-fine laser light are able to reach deeply into the skin’s sub-layers, breaking down the old collagen layers and encouraging the body to produce new collagen and elastin, which results in firmer, more youthful-looking skin. This non-ablative skin resurfacing treatment also helps to smoothen acne scars, fine lines, and wrinkles with minimal to no downtime or discomfort. Laser toning is ideal for patients who want a general rejuvenation of the skin, and the results are a clearer, brighter complexion with a more even skin tone, improved elasticity, and refined pores.
- Anti-Pigmentation – Targeted Treatment, priced according to area size (small, medium and large). The MedLite® C6 safely targets the individual spots, gently breaking the pigment into tiny particles. They generate a PhotoAcoustic action against the chromophore (the part of the molecule that causes color) that is used to fragment tattoo ink and lighten or remove pigmentation such as sun-spots, without harming the surrounding skin. You’ll notice the spot turning gray or white for a few minutes, a natural response of the skin as it absorbs the energy. The spot will then turn darker and sloughs off completely within one to two weeks. At this point, lighter skin starts to blend in as it heals, promoting an even-toned appearance. treat concerns such as acne scars, sun-damaged skin, wrinkles and pigmented lesions, including Nevus of Ota, café-au-lait lesions, solar lentigines, uneven skin tone, and melasma.
- Laser Toning for other areas such as armpit whitening, neck – Laser toning with the MedLite® can produce improvements in skin tone by evening out pigmentation. Treatments can be combined with Peels or Microdermabrasion treatments for greater efficacy. Your doctor will be able to diagnose the most ideal treatment combination for the desired results after a personal consultation.
Multiple treatments would most likely be needed in order to create improvement of the affected areas. Results from the 15-minute laser procedure last about 3 to 4 weeks. Your skin should look finer, smoother, brighter and clearer. Over the longer term, though, the benefits are a slowing down of the aging process as damage caused by sun exposure and the environment are reversed and collagen and elastin levels are boosted.
WHY CHOOSE THE MEDLITE C6 LASER?
It’s a fast and simple procedure that’s easy to tolerate and requires little-to-no downtime. The MedLite C6 laser also has a strong reputation as the “workhorse” of aesthetic lasers, due to its unmatched Precision Beam Technology, which is delivered through its homogenous, flat-top beam profile that gives an even energy distribution, without spikes or hot spots. As a result, this laser produces consistent results with fewer complications for reliable treatments time after time. Results from a 15-minute laser procedure last about 3 to 4 weeks and skin should look finer, smoother, brighter and clearer. Consistent and regular treatments can also result in a slowing down of the aging process as damage caused by sun exposure and the environment are corrected and collagen and elastin levels are boosted. The MedLite C6 laser is also highly effective on almost all patient skin types, including Asian skin.
MedLite C6: How it works
The Medlite C6 provides a flat-top beam profile, producing consistent results with few complications and reliable treatments time after time. This homogeneous beam delivery energy spreads evenly over the skin’s surface, minimizing epidermal injury and increasing patient satisfaction. Medlite C6 removes tattoos, treats pigmentary conditions, and reduces acne scarring and wrinkles.
- Pigmented Lesions
- Acne Scars
Medlite c6 tattoo removal before after
“The C6 delivers very high energies using a highly uniform large spot, making tattoo removal extremely fast and effective. I have been very impressed with the results, and more importantly, so are my patients.”
Cynosure MedLite C6 Main Features
- Laser type: EO Q-switched Nd: YAG
- Multiple wavelength options, including 532 nm, 585 nm, 650 nm, and 1064 nm
- Range of four spot sizes from 2 mm up to 8 mm
- Flat top beam profile
- Articulated arm for space minimizing and easy portability
- Pulse width: 5 ns to 20 ns
- Power: Requires standard electronic voltage
Cynosure Medlite C6 Laser Machine Applications
- Tattoo Removal – Full-Color Spectrum
- Epidermal and Dermal Pigmented Lesions
- Nevus of Ota
- Sun Damage
- Skin Resurfacing
- Wrinkle Reduction
- Acne Scar Reduction
- Peak energy where it’s needed.
Cynosure MedLite C6 Video Spotlight
Medlite C6 System Design
The Medlite C6 utilizes PhotoAcoustic technology which means the laser delivers strong levels off energy within short pulse durations. The beam of energy produced targets pigmented skin and collagen and destroy the pigmentation. Since the Medlite C6 only targets pigmented skin/tattoo ink, the rest of the surrounding skin is unharmed.
The Medlite C6 utilizes an electro-optic (EO) Q-Switch platform. The Q-Switch acts as a high-speed shutter, holding the energy until enough has been stored until peak power has been reached. When energy levels are at the desired level, the laser will produce its peak power output of 200 megawatts. The shutter capability allows the laser to deliver this energy in 5-20 nanosecond pulse widths. The targeted chromophores in the pigmented literally vibrate and shatter when hit by this flattop beam of energy.
Multiple Wavelengths: By adding on additional handpieces, the Medilite C6 laser easily delivers multiple wavelengths of energy: 532nm, 585 nm, 650nm, and 1064 nm. With these Multilite Dye handpieces, you have the ability to treat multi-color tattoos including the following ink colors: black, dark blue, red, sky blue and green.
In addition to laser tattoo removal, the Medlite C6 has further applications such as the treatment of pigmented lesions (age spots, sun damage, Nevus of Ota), wrinkle reduction, skin resurfacing and acne scar reduction.
This one unit has become a serious workhorse for many cosmetic and aesthetic practices worldwide. The effectiveness of this laser combined with its low maintenance costs and high utilization means that it provides any practice an excellent return on investment. Adding one of these units to your practice makes economic sense. Purchasing a used Medlite C6 at Metropolis Laser centre will allow you to save significantly on invested capital while allowing you to take advantage of anticipated future revenue opportunities. It is expected that the demand for laser tattoo removal services will reach upwards of 7 million by 2017. The associated revenue for practitioners is estimated at $1.3 billion.
- 2012 Hoya ConBio MedLite C6, serviced by Cynosure April 2019.
- Accessories included except for eyewear.
- 1064nm/ 532nm Hand Piece
- 585nm (yellow) and 650nm (red) dye handpieces included
- 2mm-8mm spot size
- Foot Pedal
- Remote Interlock
- Power Cord
- Operators Manual
- 30 Day Parts and Labor Warranty